Web Toolbar by Wibiya Bears and Bullets: Wednesday; Man Man, Email Pile, and more.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday; Man Man, Email Pile, and more.

Funny thing happened to me today. I came across an untouched comic-book called Back From the Dead? by someone by the initials of J.T.C in the bathroom of my university's art building earlier. I take the book home, noticing the art-work's fine details and story-line about a man who was declared dead, but shortly came back to life after experiencing Hell first hand.

The patient's nurse goes down the hall and asks for a priest to console the startled and bewildered patient, as his hands creep the edge of the bed-sheet over his eyes. The priest describes Hell, using constant Bible references to help the man realize his true goal in life. To be saved.

A mild feeling of confusion contorts my interest in Back From the Dead? Was this a zombie comic? Hardly. Was this about the gore and insanity of Hell? Not exactly. No, this was actually created by a company called Chick Publications, who create comics to spread the word of Christ. I had been had by an art student who obviously knew this would trick someone, and it's something I may never forget, considering my peak of interest when seeing the book sitting on the toilet roll dispenser. See for yourself what I mean.

Yet I digress my disfavorable series of events to bring you the best from today in music, which is incidentally very little.

Funny or Die has an exclusive of Man Man's new video for their single "Rabbit Habits," starring Fred Armisen, Charlyne Yi, and Martin Starr. The video returns some sensibility of romance to a Teen-Wolf disparity theme. It makes perfect sense.

I've grown a tendency to ignore a lot of the daily emails I recieve from people looking to get their music out. To be fair, most of it's crap, but a lot of the time still I recieve things that I could very well post here with some success, so, here's a recent crop of some of the neglected emails I'm giving a second chance.

Alan Wilkes - 1901 (Phoenix Remix) - MP3
Art Brut - Weird Science - MP3
Pink Mountaintops - Vampire - MP3

Finally, Spike Jonze has been on a recent tear of adapting children's books to film with Where the Wild Things Are and now, which sounds even more exciting, Everyone Poops. This marks the first time the word "Poop" has been in the title of a major motion picture.


No comments: