Web Toolbar by Wibiya Bears and Bullets: Thursday; Yeah Yeah Yeah's, Dirty Projectors, and more.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thursday; Yeah Yeah Yeah's, Dirty Projectors, and more.

Don't hold on to too much hope for a Friday post tomorrow, but I'll do my best to try and make it happen.

Anyway, Yeah Yeah Yeah's (who I'm delighted to mention are a likely candidate for this year's Lollapalooza) performed their single "Zero" off of their new It's Blitz! LP on Later... With Jools Holland a couple days ago. Notice Karen O's jacket, the exact same one she wore in the official "Zero" music video. I'm not sure what she's going for but I'm doubting alterna-heads are disapproving of her new style. Everyone loves the girl, and Hell, I have no real reason not to.

Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Zero (On Later... With Jools Holland)



The Dirty Projectors, which if you don't remember I posted about on Tuesday, have officially released MP3 of "Stillness in the Move," to those on their mailing list (sign up here). For me, however, getting the song seems to be a bit difficult, so if anyone can figure out why it's screwing up for me, it would be much appreciated.

Here's a couple downloads for you guys from Conor Oberst and The Mystic Valley Band and Bat for Lashes, courtesy of Fluxblog and I Am Fuel, You Are Friends. Just, come on, take them.

Bat for Lashes - Good Love - MP3
Conor Oberst and The Mystic Vallet Band - Nikorette - MP3

Ending on a couple positive notes today, here's two videos that should definitely peak your interests; a shot-by-shot remake of Nickelodeon's Pete and Pete introduction song "Hey Sandy," coupled with a short-rendition of The Beach Boy's "God Only Knows Why" by Tera Melos (found at The Needle Drop) and a wonderful video brought to my attention by Rainn Wilson. Take your time with the last one.

Tera Melos - Hey Sandy



Magical Martial Arts (Thanks Rainn)

No comments: