Web Toolbar by Wibiya Bears and Bullets: Back Again

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Back Again

Sorry about forgetting to post yesterday. Truthfully I didn't actually forget, I just slept a lot. Solid excuse. That doesn't mean, however, that today's post will be long. I'm a little short on material.

But I'll work with what I have.

Aquarium Drunkard has been posting a lot of Tom Waits lately to my delight and today he put up some rarities from Francis Ford Coppola's 1982 film One From the Heart. Here's "You Can't Unring a Bell" (well that's obvious) and "This One's From the Heart" with Crytal Gale.

Tom Waits - You Can't Unring a Bell - MP3
Tom Waits and Crystal Gale - This One's From the Heart - MP3

Neil Young recently posted his (in car?) performance of "Johnny Magic" on Huffington Post and his blog. Not to knock Mr. Young but it just seems like he felt like singing his own song in his down-time. Incidentily, it's good.



Pop Tarts Suck Toasted posted their weekly Tuesday Test Drive yesterday will a slew of new MP3's for fans to listen to (I suggest you take a look there). I recommend Elvis Perkins in Dearland's "Shampoo" single off of their new self-titled album.

Elvis Perkins in Dearland - Shampoo - MP3

And finally, here's Paul Rudd and Jason Segal doing a spot-on cover of Rush's "Limelight" for their new movie I Love You, Man. Word is this is during the film's wedding scene, which makes sense.

No comments: