Web Toolbar by Wibiya Bears and Bullets: Monday's Worth

Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday's Worth

I'm getting used to this pattern of posting in the morning/afternoon and night, and it seems to be working pretty well so I'm gonna stick with it for a while.

Anyway, I'm sure most of us have heard the news of the Rihanna beatdown, but Bears and Bullets is a place of business, so here's some new stuff for you.

Apparently in my morning post I missed out on a couple of live performances worth noting; Beirut performed "A Sunday Smile" on the Late Show with David Letterman and Franz Ferdinand played their new single "Ulysses" on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Both of these videos were found on Culture Bully.

Beirut - A Sunday Smile



Franz Ferdinand - Ulysses



Pop Tarts Suck Toasted has a couple note-worthy songs for the day including a new single from The Flaming Lips from the movie Know Your Mushrooms(?) Whatever, I'll take it.

The Flaming Lips - Anything You Say Now I Believe You - MP3

Pop Tarts Suck Toasted also had a couple of nice new songs from Nodzzz who were in last Friday's Bears and Bullets Mixtape, and another single from Black Lips album 200 Million Thousand, due out February 24 from Vice Records.

Nodzzz - Highway Memorial Shrine - MP3
Black Lips - Again and Again - MP3

Also, here's the title track from Camera Obscura's new album My Maudlin Career which will be released April 21. I'll keep my tabs on these guys before the album is released. MP3 found at You Ain't No Picasso.

Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career - MP3

One last song because I still have a few more I'm gonna save for tomorrow. Today I got my first listen of Red Cortez and their new single "Fell on the Floor" from My Old Kentucky Blog. The song is from their Hands to the Wall EP, set for release this March. I'll keep my tabs on them too.

Red Cortez - Fell on the Floor - MP3

More tomorrow...

No comments: