Web Toolbar by Wibiya Bears and Bullets: Back for More... The Grammys, Saturday Night Live, and Anything You Want

Monday, February 9, 2009

Back for More... The Grammys, Saturday Night Live, and Anything You Want

It's an inevitability that I would have to talk about last night's Grammy Awards. I'll try to keep this short so I can really transpose how I detest the show. Robert Plant and Allison Krauss won over Radiohead for Album of the Year because the Grammys are run by a collection of 62 year-old men, Jay-Z, Kanye West, T.I., Lil' Wayne, and a super-preggy M.I.A. performed together, U2 premiered a new song, and for the last time I don't care that Blink-182 reunited. Why? Because I'm not 11 anymore.

Here's some performances from last night, all courtesy of Pitchfork.

Radiohead - 15 Step (With USC Marching Band)



Jay-Z, Lil' Wayne, Kanye West, T.I., and M.I.A. - Swagger Like Us



U2 - Get Your Boots On



As for last Saturday's ... Saturday Night Live with host Bradley Cooper (sure, why not?) and musical guest TV on the Radio went exceptionally better than the past few weeks. Here's TV on the Radio's performances of "Golden Age" and "Dancing Choose" (both from Pitchfork) from the night, plus Kristen Wiig as Bjork, in a skit I felt should be seen here.

TV on the Radio - Golden Age



TV on the Radio - Dancing Choose



Bjork



More to come...

No comments: