Web Toolbar by Wibiya Bears and Bullets: A Fake Superbowl, Plus Prizes

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Fake Superbowl, Plus Prizes

Word has gotten around that Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street's live performance at Superbowl last Sunday (along with Jennifer Hudson's rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner") were performed using pre-recorded tracks. In fact, the only thing real about the Superbowl performances (aside from, you know, the game) were Springsteen's vocals and his knee-slide into the camera man, which has now been dubbed Bosscocked! (I like it).

I'm not sure whether doing live in this kind of situation was really beneficial, but more than that I just I wish no one knew about this. I have some unspoken respect for Bruce, but then again it may just stem from the fact that I find Tom Petty (last year's performer) to be really kinda boring. Whatever.

In more uplifting news, The Beastie Boys have released the 20th anniversary of Paul's Boutique. You can head over to the website for a listen or order the album. Plus, you can stream Dan Auerbach's (of the Black Keys) new solo album via his Myspace.

No comments: