Web Toolbar by Wibiya Bears and Bullets: Back From Home ... Seth Meyers

Monday, October 13, 2008

Back From Home ... Seth Meyers

Despite the soul crushing circumstances that surrounded me getting my car, the weekend at home was eventful -- specifically, seeing Seth Meyers (Saturday Night Live) performing at Richard Stockton College (NJ) for a mere five dollars. He was as funny as expected, but it wasn't so much the routine that was memorable, but rather the short back and forth (true story) I had with him during his act.

About five to ten minutes into his act he asked the audience if anyone there had studied abroad. The auditorium was silent until I spoke aloud, "No." He and the audience laughed, to which he continued to ask me my name and if I myself had ever been abroad, all the while commending me for taking charge when no one else had the nerve to.

My only regret is not seeking to meet him afterwards, even though I have no damn idea how I would.

No comments: