Web Toolbar by Wibiya Bears and Bullets: Monday Bears: Lollapalooza 2011 Must-See Artists, Pt. I

Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Bears: Lollapalooza 2011 Must-See Artists, Pt. I


My annual vacation is almost a week away. But, like always, I give a top ten countdown to my most anticipated acts of Lollapalooza. And, as it is with every year, there are certain preferences that make this list. For instance, regardless who all the headliners are, it's impossible to see them all. So, not every giant act will be here. Let's start with #10.

#10: The Glitch Mob
As I learned last year, Perry's Place has a lot more to offer than the usual festival-goer would suspect. The music is nearly non-stop, with solid fun all the way through the three days. And with the 20th anniversary of the fest, Lolla organizers have made Perry's all the more worth it, expanding the area to literally "the size of a football field."

The Glitch Mob, who recently released their We Can Make the World Stop EP, will be performing at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 6. I think it's fitting that I show the same video that got me into them.

The Glitch Mob - Street Warfare (XLR8R TV)



#9: The Vaccines
I talk about the Vaccines enough as it is, but now that I actually have the opportunity to see them, I'm fairly excited. The group caught on late last year with the release of their Wreckin' Bar (Ra Ra Ra)/Blow It Up 7", they've been steadily garnering more and more attention as the months have gone by, including headlining their own tour in the fall.

You can see the group early on the first day, August 5, at 12:45 p.m. on the main Music Limited stage. The group will also be signing autographs at 2:00 p.m.

The Vaccines - Wreckin' Bar (Ra Ra Ra)



We'll continue with Part II tomorrow ...

No comments: