Web Toolbar by Wibiya Bears and Bullets: Wednesday Bears: I retract my previous opinion about Smith Westerns

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday Bears: I retract my previous opinion about Smith Westerns


When Smith Westerns released their self-titled debut back in June of 2009, it was met by those in a blog-world with maybe a little too much appreciation. They had their fans, and fell right into the ordinary indie music niche of "well, it sounds like a bunch of stuff I know, so I probably like it." Fast forward two years later and the Chicago band, once immersed in barely audible lo-fi, has released Dye It Blonde.

Now as a previously unfair critic of their music, it'd be unfair if I didn't give the album and the band their dues. Their second effort is a much-improved piece, with songs that actually come off as enriching instead of "potentially" enriching. So, as it stands, I apologize Smith Westerns.

Be proud.

Smith Westerns - All Die Young (Stream)



Smith Westerns - Weekend (Stream)

No comments: