Web Toolbar by Wibiya Bears and Bullets: New Lou Barlow

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

New Lou Barlow

It's been a really long while since I've heard anything from former Sebadoh frontman and Dinosaur Jr. bassist Lou Barlow. Last I heard he was touring the Iberian Peninsula to promote his 2005 album Emoh while getting Dinosaur Jr. to start making more music, so I guess his efforts then weren't in vain.

Barlow newest work, Goodnight Unknown, which Lou himself describes as ...

"a cross between my later work with Folk Implosion and my earlier work with Sebadoh ... to my ears, anyway."

Indeed, the album's first single "Gravitate" does resemble much of the work done during Barlow's Sebadoh days, filtered with muddy acoustics and underscored production. Goodnight Unknown is out October 6 on Merge Records.


MP3 Courtesy of Stereogum

No comments: