Web Toolbar by Wibiya Bears and Bullets: Sioux City and The Olive Garden

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sioux City and The Olive Garden

I'm a moderate fan of the Olive Garden restaurants. I know a lot of people dislike them, but that really doesn't bother me (too much). I also know that there are many many restaurants that are in fact better than Olive Garden. But, as of now, I'm still okay with the franchise.

Apparently, though, some people really really love The Olive Garden. Full hard on, I mean. Check out this incredibly funny (oddly pathetic) article in The Sioux City Journal about the town's first Olive Garden opening, entitled "Olive Garden Arrives."

I'd like to leave you with a quote from the article.

"To Siouxland residents, many of whom consider themselves connoisseurs of fine food, a city is not a city without an Olive Garden. So as of Monday, Sioux City becomes a real city" (Quinlan.)

Article found at lindsayism.com.

No comments: