Web Toolbar by Wibiya Bears and Bullets: Captain Obvious' Cover Mixtape VIII

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Captain Obvious' Cover Mixtape VIII


This was my first venture into Captain Obvious' Website, which I found while scoping Elbows for another Okkervil River single from their forthcoming Stand-Ins album. While I still can't get an MP3 copy of "Starry Stairs", I got another quality mixtape for you guys. I'm straying away from my usual dash of electro-club music for a moment, and sticking with my indie-alternative roots (?). The Covers Mixtape XIII is a damn well made collection of rare cover tunes by a few of today's best acts, including the ever elusive Okkervil River, with their cover of John Phillip's "April Anne," and Lackthereof's cover of The National's "Fake Empire." I wont have a lot of time to enjoy it though because i'll be waiting for the Star Wars: Clone Wars midnight showing. But you guys have your fill.

SIDE A


SIDE B

No comments: